Welcome to The ATWiki,
an encyclopedia on assistive technology that anyone can edit.
Articles contributed to this site will be viewable from the assistivetech.net website.
Become an author! We currently host 1,279 articles. Here is how to get started. Before you begin, please read our Acceptable Content Policy
Now there are templates for all four ATWiki page types.
Featured Article: Video magnifiers / CCTV
According to the American Foundation for the Blind, a video magnifier, or closed-circuit television (CCTV) system uses a stand-mounted or handheld video camera to project a magnified image onto a video monitor, a television (TV) screen, or a computer monitor.
Read more about Video Magnifiers...
More information about ATWiki
The intended audience of ATWiki includes all assistive technology users, relatives and caregivers of those that use AT, rehabilitation professionals, educators, and researchers in AT.
Types of content on ATWiki
- short articles, papers, and magazine-like columns
- demonstrations of AT applications
- research briefs
Subjects of content on ATWiki
- Types of AT
- Choosing AT
- AT Reports
- Creation of accessible content for web and computer applications
- Retrofitting web sites and media to comply with accessibility standards and guidelines
- How to design accessible technology
- Workplace / typical office equipment accommodations
- Household / bathing, showering, and other activities of daily living accommodations
- Case studies of successful uses of AT in all environments
- Literature review and research, annotated bibliographies
- And much more!